I’m sure there are many people who haven’t heard anything about the Linky Parties. If you are one of them, you have missed so much! So in this article I will tell you what it is and what its used for.
What are Linky parties?
Link parties are the opportunity for you to grow your blog and get some new followers. Basically what it does for you, it allows you to share your content on other websites. When you visit a site on the day of their weekly link party then there is a link to ” link up” and you can share the URL of your blog/site and write a title and crop a photo from the post. It will create a hyperlink thumbnail that other bloggers can see and visit.
It is recommended to read the rules before you put your own link. Because every day there is a different theme and some Link Parties don’t allow to post selling stuff and giveaways. So its better to read before you act.
How can I host my own link party?
Before you start there are few things you should keep in mind.
First of all. Like always with parties, you should think about the reason why you are hosting a link party. Are you celebrating something? Are you looking for a new recipes to try? Or you want to find some new DIY ideas to try out?
- Choose a date and time. Link parties are held weekly, monthly, seasonal.
- Plan your budget. Unfortunately Link Parties like any other parties require some cash. In order to host a party you can use a service like Inlinkz or LinkyTools. They both have a subscription fee.
- Invite quests. Market it on your social platforms.
- Design a button for your Link Party, There are many tutorials about it on internet.
- Be a good host. Try to comment on every linked post. Make your guests feel special!
- Keep an eye on posts. If somebody posts anything inappropriate, then you have to make sure that it will be deleted.
- Make a new connections. Just like you would on a real life party. You can also introduce some of your friends to some new guests.
- And at last, don’t forget to send out Thank you’s.
What do you think? Will you give it any try? Are you willing to take the time and money to make a Link Party and make some new connections?